Compliments of Lance Dooley

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gird your loins, hide your babies, Football season is upon us!

D-Day, or better known as September 9, marks a dark day on the doorstep of many households. I know there are those wonderful women out there who embrace it, enjoy it, and are self named "One of the Guys" for their love of the sport, and heck...probably have more jerseys, knowledge and muscle mass than some of it's male worshippers, but I am not one of those women. I am however, one of those women who love their husbands and will do anything for them, but watching 6 hours of endless manuevers and "Downs" is not one of them. This blog is designed to be a lifeline to those who have seen the glazed over and somewhat manic expression on their significant other's face and know they will not hold their full attention until 1 week after the super bowl has aired, only to find out that March Madness is an even crueler mistress!!!

If you are looking for an alternative activity this season, you are in the right place! Your comments are welcome and ideas for survival are crucial for this Real Housewife of Apopka! 

14 comments:

  1. hilarious! love football and march madness but I will still read your blog:) so cute!
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be doing better things... Like watching football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog will be about more things than that!! I just thought I would vent and entertain at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You're such a good writer Suze, and I will definitely need the distraction as we enter football season. I'm always shocked by pre-season games... 4 hours on a Sunday and it doesn't even matter?!

    Love, your devoted blog-follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Looking forward to learning about football and march madness . . . my glaze is due more to the History channel, TLC, HGTV, etc . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzie, I totally hear you! My husband is in FOUR FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUES to top off football season in general. Trust me, football will occupy my house and conversation for months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to the Housewives of Apopka! Thank you for providing an outlet for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Football on TV is my arch-nemesis. I fail to understand how 10 minutes on the clock equals like an hour of actual time?? Ugh, where is the closest spoon to gouge out my eyes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Susie! The blogosphere has not been complete without your inner monologue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't lump all of us guys in with the dense headed football fans. Some of us prefer a real game like Baseball. I watch one football game a year, the super bowel cause it's the only one that counts. Other then that, baseball all year long. My football team is the eagles and I can not name one player besides the QB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jon,

    I don't believe that anyone who is able to maintain four fantasy football leagues (my husband has 5)and a fulltime job is dense in any way. I would recommend that you stop watching the super bowel and start watching the SUPER BOWL :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL

    My boyfriend is a huge Eagles fan. Therefore, I am now a huge Eagles fan. I already have three articles of Eagles clothing, and he informed me that I need a better jersey to wear to the sports bar during games. :)

    Glad I am not alone Suzie! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the greatest idea!!! Haha, I love it

    ReplyDelete